It seems that in this millennium, almost everyone knows Youtube. Especially with the ease of making videos that can even be done using just a smartphone, Youtube is more successful because more and more people can upload their own videos for others to watch.
Not a few people or groups have become famous since diligently uploading their videos on Youtube, call it Gita Savitri Devi, who often posts inspiring video blogs about her life in Germany, or Sacha Stevenson, a Caucasian from Canada living in Indonesia, sharing interesting experiences and hilarious.
If someone needs a particular video, usually the first site they look for is YouTube, why? Yes, because YouTube is the number 1 video sharing site in the world.
But do you know more about YouTube, along with its various features and benefits? The review below will explain in full the definition of YouTube along with the features and benefits of YouTube.
What is Youtube Ads
Basically, YouTube is a website that facilitates users to share the videos they own, or enjoy various video clips uploaded by various parties.
There are various videos that can be uploaded to this site, such as music video clips from certain musicians, short films, television films, film trailers, educational videos, vlogger video blogs, video tutorials for various activities, and many more.
Youtube itself was founded in February 2005. Youtube’s head office is in San Bruno, California, United States which was initiated by three YouTube founders, namely Chad Hurley, Steven Chen, and Jawed Karim.
This website, which now contains billions of videos, has grown very rapidly since its inception. In November 2006, Google even bought Youtube for US $ 1.65 billion.
Youtube gets revenue from advertisements that appear before the youtube video is played. These ads are called Google AdSense, a program that offers payments based on the frequency of the video being played.
In February 2017, it was noted that videos with a total duration of 400 hours were uploaded on Youtube every minute and a total of one billion hours of YouTube content was watched every day.
Following the rapid development of the times, YouTube offers features that make users more comfortable accessing various videos. YouTube features include:
1. Turn off Video Annotations
Annotated videos are videos that can be clicked at the top or side of the currently playing video. An annotation video is a video that is still related to the video currently playing.
Usually, this feature is used by video uploaders so that more people watch the uploaded video. Although it is considered useful for video uploaders, sometimes this feature is a bit annoying for YouTube visitors.
But don’t worry, because you can disable video annotations by clicking the settings at the top right, then click Play and uncheck the Video Annotations section.
3. Set Auto Play
The Autoplay feature is a feature recently released by YouTube so that when someone finishes watching a video, the YouTube algorithm will redirect the visitor to the next video that is related to the previously watched video.
Some people may find it helpful, especially when they don’t want to bother wasting time choosing what videos to watch.
To turn this feature on or off, pay attention to the chart on the right of the screen, above the options for the next watchable video.
In that section, it says ‘Auto Play’ with a check mark next to it. Click the check mark to set whether you want to enable or disable it.
3. Adjust Video Speed
This feature is very useful for video tutorial lovers who find the video too fast to make it difficult to follow the tutorial. Videos on YouTube can be set to play faster or slower according to viewer preferences.
It’s easy, pay attention to the settings button at the bottom right of the video, then click the button, click the ‘Speed’ section. To speed up the video, select a higher speed than usual, between 1.5-2. If you want to slow down the video, choose a smaller number than usual, which is 0.25-0.75.
How to Place Ads on Youtube
Business owners are now increasingly being facilitated by Google’s new policy to increase promotion potential via YouTube. In 2017, Google AdWords allowed YouTube advertisers to target potential customers based on their search records on Google.
Learn how to advertise on YouTube to increase brand awareness, traffic and potential sales. It’s even easier if you already have a Google Ads account.
You can create ads and display them on YouTube through Google Ads. Here are the steps:
- Create a video ad. Make sure your video ad is ready and has been uploaded to YouTube. Use titles, descriptions, links and hashtags that appeal to your target audience.
- Select a video campaign on Google Ads. Log into your Google Ads account, and click the Campaigns button. Select a video ad.
- Create ad campaign details. Create a campaign title and choose a goal for your ad, such as converting, advertising on mobile or inviting to shop.
- Choose a video format. YouTube ads come in three types, namely TrueView, Pre-roll / Mid-roll, and Bumper. You can only select one for each campaign.
- Determine the budget and display frequency. Determine the advertising budget for the day according to your needs. Also determine the frequency of views associated with the ad budget. You can choose between standard (airs daily) or accelerated (airs as often as possible, usually if you follow a certain trend) frequency.
- Specify the delivery place (Network). Where YouTube ad serving is divided into two, namely YouTube Search and YouTube Videos. The second option provides a broader alternative, because your videos can also appear on sites and apps owned by Google colleagues.
- Determine the location where the ad is served. You can specify a specific location to serve ads. Although there are options to show ads worldwide, you must fill in a more specific location, according to the delivery target. Locations that are too general will make the ad ineffective.
- Define ad delivery on specific devices. Do you want to target specific device users? Maybe specifically for Android or iPhone users? Use the device option (Device). You can select all types of devices, or only mobile devices. You can also increase the bid amount for a particular device, such as a slightly higher bid for a mobile promotion.
- Create a content snippet and bid amount. Grab attention by creating compelling campaign titles and descriptions. The title limit is 25 characters long, while the description is 35 characters long. Use the preview function to review ad serving options. After that, you have to choose the bid amount that you have to pay for each view.
That is the discussion we can convey about what YouTube ads are and their explanations.
Type of Format for Instagram ads
Next we will understand the types of ad formats provided by this platform, so you can adjust the types of IG Ads later according to your business promotion needs.
There are 4 types of formats that you can use in social media marketing, namely Image Ads, Video Ads, Carousel Ads, and Story Ads. Let’s cover all of them below:
1. Image Ads
Image ads are a type of Instagram ads that contain image content. This type of advertising is the easiest and most widely used by online businesses around the world.
There are several requirements that must be adhered to when choosing an ad in the form of an image, namely the file format must be jpg or png. Square image size is 1080 x 1080 pixels, the minimum resolution for uploaded images is 600 x 600 pixels with a 1: 1 ratio.
For a 1200 x 628 pixel IG landscape ad size, the minimum resolution for the uploaded image is 600 x 600 pixels with a 1: 1 ratio. And the amount of IG image text is less than 20% of the total image size. The recommended text length is 125 characters out of a maximum of 2200 characters.
2. Video Ads
Video Ads are a type of IG ad that contains video content. Just like Image Ads, ads in the form of video content also have several requirements that must be followed, namely the video format must be .mp4.
The allowed video aspect ratio is 1.91: 1 landscape, 1: 1 square, or 4: 5 vertical. The minimum video resolution is 600 x 315 pixels for landscape, 600 x 600 pixels for square, and 600 x 750 pixels for vertical.
The maximum video duration is 60 seconds with a maximum video file size of 4GB. The maximum frame rate of the video is 30 fps.
3. Carousel Ads
Carousel ad is a type of IG ad that contains 3-5 images which can be displayed simultaneously in 1 ad in the form of a slideshow. IG users can easily swipe the ad image when they are interested in seeing more.
There are two types of advertisements, Image Carousel and Video Carousel. For South Korean Images, the conditions that must be met are the recommended image size of 1080 x 1080 pixels, 1: 1 image ratio, a maximum length of 40 characters for the title text, and a maximum length of 90 characters for description text, and a maximum length of 20 characters for the description link.
As for South Korea Video, the requirements that must be met are a maximum video resolution of 1080 x 1080 pixels, a minimum video resolution of 600 x 600 pixels, a minimum video duration of 3 seconds, a maximum of 60 seconds, and a maximum video file size of 4GB, and a maximum frame rate of 30 fps.
4. IG Story ads
IG Story ads are a type of Instagram ads that allow companies to choose to advertise with a choice of image content formats (single image stories) and video content (single video stories).
The conditions for image content that must be met are the recommended image size of 1080 x 1920 pixels and the recommended image ratio of 9:16. Provisions for video content that must be met are video file formats. Gigabytes.
That is the discussion we can convey about what material is Instagram ads and their explanations.
Source : Apa Itu Youtube Ads